Dental hygiene is essential for achieving good oral health. We have a lot of power over whether or not we keep our teeth as we become older. Those who do not maintain proper oral hygiene practice end up oozing their teeth and need tooth replacement. If you wish to improve your oral health, we’ve provided some suggestions.
The Do’s Of Dental Hygiene
To achieve and maintain an appropriate level of oral cleanliness, our dentist at Westgage Dental recommends the following steps.
- Brush twice a day, the first thing In the morning and last thing in the night.
- Include flossing it is so with time and effort.
- Avoid snacking on refined carbohydrates. Chips, candy, white bread, and other processed foods and drinks are high cariogenic and can cause cavities.
- Eat a diet rich in vitamins and fiber, it’s not only good for your gums and teeth but also overall for your body.
- Be diligent about your dental check-up and cleaning appointments. Try to see your dentist every six months.
The Don’ts Of Dental Hygiene
On the other side, here are some bad habits you should avoid.
- Make sure to brush twice a day even if you are busy or feeling tired.
- Don’t skip flossing your teeth as it is helpful for dislodging food particles trapped between your teeth.
- Don’t ignore your diet. eating too many acidic or sugary foods can cause tooth decay and other dental issues.
- Don’t wait to see your dentist when you have bleeding gums, tooth sensitivity, or any oral issues.
Contact Your Dentist At Westgage Dental
When it comes to dental hygiene, you have the choice of developing strong habits that will aid in the preservation of your teeth. You will be on the correct track to a long-lasting healthy smile if you begin to practice these dental do’s and don’ts. Please contact us if you have any further queries concerning oral hygiene.
If you are interested in making an appointment, please contact us at 519-576-7262. We look forward to assisting you in attaining an even greater level of oral hygiene.